AVOCET POA BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING
June 13, 2007
BOD Present: Jeanne Aulbach, Lara Foreman, Julie Dominguez,
2 paint requests, 1 deck - approved
CRA corrections to be done
New volunteer to help with newsletter. See below
Need to gear up.
Working on court replacement bids. See below. Pool repair. See below.
Illegal parking, "midnight tennis". See below.
Pool opening party? Fourth of July?
Clubhouse Maintenance Needs:
- French doors to be reinstalled properly, emergency lights over main
entry not working properly. Joe Ligon to finish work. Status?
- New thermostats installed - $315.
Need to put together financial disclosure to community - year end 2006, 2007
budget and projections through 2010. Jeanne working on.
Establish basic cable & phone service in clubhouse - Julie to follow
Problems with "midnight tennis", possible clubhouse intrusions after hours.
- New signage needed to ensure hours are clearly visible. Julie Minnucci and
Andrew Goodspeed working on signage plan.
- Locks repaired on courts and pool. New lock installed on clubhouse door to
bath area and French door knob rekeyed to match deadbolt. Total $680.
- Quote of $450 from Heritage to replace timers. Need to see if it includes
backup battery. David Todd has agreed to install. Cost of timers recommended by
Barry Sharp and approved by David, $199.75 each before shipping. They have
battery backup. Also, there is a problem with the box at the lower court. A very
loud humming noise. David says this will go out soon and recommends replacing
the lighting contactor coil. The cost is $62.90 before shipping. David will also
repair the electrical boxes along the perimeter of the courts.
- Street light installed at lower courts. $54 dollars/month on electric
- Pool fence repaired in 2 places by Heritage. Cost unknown at this time.
Parts had to be fabricated. Areas reinforced as well.
Tennis Courts - See new business.
Fence/New Deck Construction - No ACC approval. Letter sent by Ashley to
homeowner and resident. Response has been positive. ACC request in box as of
Past dues - Five sent to attorneys for collection, two have paid in full, one
partial (apparently at closing - house has sold) and 2 have not responded. Late
fees reinstated. Letters going forward will be Heritage standard.
Parking problem in amenities area appears to be resolved - no more overnight
Playground Equipment - Installation a great success. Total cost of equipment,
installation materials, supervision, teardown and mulch came to about
- Installation at entry completed successfully. Total cost to date of $6,200.
We will need to replace some plants that were not watered properly due to
irrigation issues. Estimated cost to replace: ?
- Installation of plants around pool area. Resolved a future year CRA project,
erosion on the bank behind the pool. CRA budget $7,500 for railroad ties.
Landscape solution $950.
- Summer annuals installed.
- Watering issues resolved.
ACC & Inspection Process
- Need to approve updated ACC process and procedures.
- Need to communicate necessity of ACC approval on all external changes to
- Need to review inspection items, finalize and communicate to community.
- Need to have a hard copy notice in the newcomer packet about the inspection
& ACC processes.
- Basketball goals - still a problem.
Sign thank you letters to county for help with entry.
Kiddie pool surface too rough. Aqua Blue sanded to resolve issue. $450.
Aqua Blue unclogged the drains along the retaining wall and along the
County contacted about removing the giant Juniper on Lou Ivey Road. They
should be taking care of this in a few weeks.
Newsletter - Bobby McVie has volunteered to publish a newsletter.
- Initial publication will be mid-July and every other month after to
- Contest to name newsletter. Need a prize.
- First committee focus will be the Nominating Committee as elections are in
just 3 months
- Will focus on happenings in the community, with encouragement to community
members to contribute articles.
- Brag corner - one line brags from parents about children's
- Will be on 11 x 17 colored paper folded. Cost to print should be same as or
less than current cost at Office Max. Will need distribution volunteers.
- Once started, will look at adding advertising to fund publication.
- Add e-mail alias of firstname.lastname@example.org to channel newsletter mail to
separate account from regular information committee mail.
Finance Meeting - BOD met Monday 6/4 to review current status of budget and
- Tennis Courts - see below
- Moving court replacement back to 2008 allows additional projects to be moved
up to 2007. Possibilities include:
- Erosion repair behind pool - done at a savings of about $6,500
- Parking lot resurfacing
- Pressure washing and re-pointing the stone walls at the entry
- Cleaning out the upper detention pond
- Painting the tennis pavilions, clubhouse, amenities area fence and pool
- Painting the bathrooms
- Sanding and resealing the tennis pavilion floors
- Repairing and resurfacing pool deck - should have quote from Tony by
- Limbing up the trees in the amenities area
- Obtaining bids on these projects will allow us to determine which can be
done in 2007, and allow us to budget properly for 2008.
- Lower Court replacement held over until 2008. Considerations were time frame
for completing the project (needs to be completed by September - not enough
time) and cost. Slipsheet surface requires replacement of fence. Two quotes to
date at $50,000.
- Repair cracks in lower court.
- Resurface upper court along with raising the sunken area from light
Pool furniture quotes - Decided to purchase 20 lounge chairs and 4 umbrellas
and stands for approximately $3,000. Most folks prefer lounges and there are
Tree limbing for $900 in amenities area approved and completed. $1,800
approved to clean out detention ponds, with priority given to upper pond behind
Next meeting - July 10.