Board of Directors Meeting
May 8, 2001
The monthly meeting of the Avocet Board of Directors was called to order
at 7:05 PM on Tuesday, May 8, 2001, at the Avocet Clubhouse with Paul
Cernich presiding, Andrew Goodspeed and Carrie Meersman present. Bruce
Hayworth from Today American management was also present.
Approval of Minutes
Minutes from the April 12, 2001 Avocet Board of Directors meeting were
approved by Paul Cernich, seconded by Andrew Goodspeed.
Comments From the Floor
No other persons were present at the meeting.
Activities Completed Since Last Meeting
- Finalized mailing for ACC Guidelines. Letter was sent May 9, 2001.
- Covenants/Bylaws: Waiting on an action plan from the committee.
- Long Term Capital requirements were discussed.
- Lot #218, McRae & Stoltz, Landscape corrective action is to begin
(mowing, seeding, round-up). An Avocet homeowner has agreed to water the
lot. Purchase of hoses and sprinklers will be made.
- Still need to repair the warped board at the base of the wheel on the
- The termite bond/pest control service for clubhouse: needs major
improvements first. Once the clubhouse repairs for water damage and
foundation drainage are completed, a termite bond and pest control service
will be investigated.
- Janitorial services for clubhouse and restrooms were discussed. The
pool contractor will be responsible for restrooms during the pool season;
BOD looking for off-season janitorial services. Clubhouse cleaning was
recommended for once a month by Molly Maid. An initial cleaning will be
done this month.
- Highwoods Property: BOD is looking for a Neighborhood Representative to
be our liaison with the property management company to stay updated on
tree planting, lights and garbage dumping.
- Clubhouse Coordinator - Bernadette Seigler has now assumed the duties
of the Clubhouse Coordinator.
- Approved the proposal of $15,000 from AllSouth to begin repairs to the
clubhouse/pool house, including fence painting, Bus Stop repair,
Clubhouse/Pool House drainage, etc. This amount includes a previous
approval of $8000 from last month. Approved by Paul Cernich, seconded by
- It was determined that a 30 foot Natural Buffer zone will remain
between Avocet property and Lou Ivy Drive. In this area, there shall be no
removal of trees; however the addition of trees, shrubs and ground covers
is accepted. Should this be included in the proposed Covenants?
- Bruce Hayworth of Today American Management took us on a tour around
the clubhouse/pool to discuss repairs. A property inspection was done on
Friday, May 4. Results of this inspection were discussed.
- McRae & Stolz will be invoiced for mowing their lot.
- Pool House restrooms: There is a sewer issue causing the toilets to be
stopped up. It was approved to camera sewer the area at a cost of $150, to
determine the severity of the damage and what corrective action to take.
- The next meeting of the Avocet Board of Directors was scheduled for
June 11, 2001 starting at 7pm in the Avocet Clubhouse.
- The motion to adjourn this meeting was made by Carrie Meersman,
seconded by Andrew Goodspeed. The meeting ended at 8:55 pm.