Board of Directors Meeting
February 12, 2001
The monthly meeting of the Avocet Board of Directors was called to
order at 7:05 PM on Monday, February 12, 2001, at the Avocet Clubhouse
with Paul Cernich presiding, Andrew Goodspeed and Carrie Meersman present.
Approval of Minutes
Minutes from the January 8, 2001 Avocet Board of Directors meeting were
approved by Andrew Goodspeed, seconded by Paul Cernich.
Comments From the Floor
An Avocet homeowner attended the February 12 BOD Meeting with concerns
about the neighborhood. The concerns were as follows: 1) Clubhouse
Cleanliness 2) Clubhouse Rental Fee 3) Pool Contract for 2001. Above
issues have been addressed by the BOD, prior to the homeowners presence at
the meeting. The BOD assured the homeowner that these issues are being
handled and should have decisions made on them no later than summer time.
Karin Elliott, chair of the ACC Committee, was present to discuss
detailed ACC guidelines. A target mail date to homeowners is expected to
be mid - late March.
Activities Completed Since Last Meeting
- Repair of windscreens for tennis courts
- Covenants/Bylaws: Waiting on update for next steps from the
- Long Term Capital requirements were discussed.
- The BOD discussed having an information board at the beginning of
the commons area, where currently there is an outdated picture of the
amenities area. White picket fence in front of clubhouse/pool house
needs repairing. Today American to provide an estimate. Lot #218,
which occupies the right side of the amenities entrance, was discussed
as to what action is currently being taken to maintain landscaping.
BOD is having bids made for landscaping this lot to include low
maintenance landscaping and erosion control. A decision is expected by
- Still need to repair the warped board at the base of the wheel on
the playground equipment. New baby swing still needs to be installed.
- The termite bond/pest control service for clubhouse was discussed.
Today American will provide an estimate.
- Janitorial services for clubhouse and restrooms were discussed. A
decision is expected to be made by April.
- The painting of the white fence by clubhouse was discussed. Bids
have been received to paint and repair. A decision is expected to be
made mid - late March.
- Pool proposal: Recommended to receive additional bids for
- Discussed procedure for handling ACC and lot maintenance complaints.
- Discussed the recent issues on requirements for dual drains in
pools. Need to check the requirements of Gwinnett County Law.
- Pest Control companies were contacted for proposals.
- Discussed Audit for year. Approved by Paul Cernich, seconded by
- Cleaning Supply proposal submitted was approved by Carrie Meersman,
seconded by Andrew Goodspeed.
- Discussed Highwoods Property. The BOD is looking for someone to
interface with Highwoods Property to stay updated on tree planting,
lights and garbage dumping.
- Discussed ACC actions. See comments from the floor.
The next meeting of the Avocet Board of Directors was scheduled for
Monday, March 12, 2001 starting at 7pm in the Avocet Clubhouse.
The motion to adjourn this meeting was made by Andrew Goodspeed,
seconded by Carrie Meersman. The meeting ended at 10:30 pm.