Board of Directors Meeting
August 13, 2001
The monthly meeting of the Avocet Board of Directors was called to
order at 7:14 PM on Monday, August 13, 2001, at the Avocet Clubhouse with
Paul Cernich presiding. Also in attendance were Andrew Goodspeed and
Approval of Minutes
Minutes from the July 3, 2001 Avocet Board of Directors meeting were
approved by Paul Cernich, seconded by Carrie Meersman.
Comments From the Floor
No one was present to make comments.
Activities Completed Since Last Meeting
- Seeded the lot owned by McRae & Stolz
- Repaired potholes in bottom of pool
- Repaired sewer pipe for pool house
- Approved Arrow Pest Control for termite treatment and bond for
- Installed mailbox for ACC requests
- Repaired broken ladder for pool
- Covenants/Bylaws: Waiting to begin next phase for adoption of
- Long Term Capital requirements were discussed. Including the need for
painting the interior of the clubhouse. A 5-year projection is
- Still need to repair the warped board at the base of the wheel on the
- Work to repair the water drainage around the clubhouse is set to begin
the week of July 9.
- Discussed improvements to the clubhouse; painting interior, interior
lighting, carpeting, tiling, etc.
- Discussed tennis court locks and fencing. Bruce Hayworth to obtain
- Determined budget for year 2002. It was approved by Andrew Goodspeed
and seconded by Carrie Meersman.
- Set date for Annual Homeowners Meeting for Tuesday, September 25 at
7pm. A copy of the budget, a proxy form and a ballot will be included.
- A property inspection was done on Tuesday, August 7. Results of this
inspection were discussed.
- A request for free use of the clubhouse for religious groups was
brought to the BOD. A unanimous decision was reached and it was decided to
continue with private functions only paying the $75 rental fee.
- Discussed the need for a new Webmaster. The current Webmaster will
vacate the position, effective September 25, 2001.
- The annual Halloween Party has been scheduled for Saturday, October 27
at 4:30pm. Coordinators and volunteers are needed.
The next meeting of the Avocet Board of Directors was scheduled for
Monday, September 10, 2001 starting at 7pm in the Avocet Clubhouse.
The motion to adjourn this meeting was made by Carrie Meersman,
seconded by Paul Cernich. The meeting ended at 8:37 pm.