Avocet Homeowners Association

Clubhouse closed until further notice.

Tennis courts are now open.

The playground is now open.

The pool is scheduled to open June 5, 2020.

Home
   Event Calendar
   Hot Topics
Administration
   Board of Directors
   Financials
   Minutes
   Committees
Facilities
   Clubhouse
   Pool
   Tennis
Contacts
Newsletters
FAQ

Avocet Standards and Change Request Information

May
Meeting Minutes

Minutes

Avocet HOA

Board of Directors Meeting

May 1, 2000

 

The monthly meeting of the Avocet Board of Directors was called to order at 7:00PM on Monday, May 1st, 2000, at the Avocet Clubhouse with Andrew Goodspeed presiding, Lara Foreman and Frank Boduch present.

 Minutes of the 4/3/2000 Board meeting were read and accepted on the motion of Andrew. Seconded by Lara.

 Comments from the Floor

 No one present.

Committee Reports 

Sports Committee

  • Waiting for committee recommendations, i.e., Tennis Courts, fence supports, windscreens, etc.  May inquire of Sue Juliano (Today American Management) to obtain bids and advise BOD.  Andrew to follow-up.

  • Sign-up board repairs completed.

Pool Committee

  • Fence and gate repairs completed.  Door latches changed to knobs that require key to open.

  • Coke machine has been put in service at clubhouse.  Cost is $0.60 per can which will go to the community treasury. 

  • Pool is scheduled to open 5/13/00.  Life Guard starts 5/27/00.

  • Need new rules and regulations prepared and circulated to community.  Andrew to follow-up.

Finance Committee

  • Waiting to hear from Bob Elliott on committee recommendations, i.e. Long-term capital forecast, investing capital reserve money.  Andrew to follow-up

Information Committee

  • Still working on a written version of the community newsletter.  Additional people-resources needed!  Andrew to follow-up.

Architecture Committee

  • Need follow-up on fences erected without committee approval. Lara to follow-up

  Kids Club Committee

  • The community enjoyed a very successful Annual Egg Hunt thanks to Elizabeth Schenk and her committee.  Approved expenditure of $200 on motion from Frank, second from Andrew.

  • Would like this committee to conduct a pool safety program for kids.  Frank to follow-up.

Security Committee

  • The COPS graduation program is scheduled for 5/18/00.  Avocet will get its COPS diploma.  Block Captains will be notified and invitation to the entire community will be extended.  Barry Sharp organizing.  Frank to follow-up.

Landscape Committee

  • Andrew has prepared a letter to McCrea & Stoltz soliciting a remedy to the poor care of their property at the entrance to Clubhouse Drive, which includes a request for consideration of the owners to donate this property to the community.  Andrew to follow-up.

Social Committee

  • The Board has requested that Rules and Regulations for use of the Clubhouse be drafted

  • The Summer Splash party is in the planning stage for May 28th.  Approved expenditures of up to $400 for this event.  Frank to follow-up.

Covenants Committee

  • Still waiting for committee final recommendations.  May need to set deadline.  Andrew to follow-up.

 

Unfinished Business

  • Satellite TV: Need to contact Sue Juliano for someone that can complete the installation of cable wiring.
  • Approved $900 for improvements to bathrooms, plumbing, lighting, painting, etc. on motion from Andrew and second from Frank.  
  • Approved $200 improvement to Information Board at entrance to Clubhouse Drive on motion from Lara and second from Andrew.

New Business  

  • Discussed and agreed to include a committee fair at the Summer Splash party on 5/28/00 to solicit new volunteers to work on Avocet Committees which are in dire need of help.
  • A meeting of committee chairpersons will be conducted on 5/28/00, 12:30PM at the clubhouse.  Lara to follow-up. 
  • Discussed straightening and painting the fence along Clubhouse Drive.  Could cost in excess of $1000.  In question is whether the community could take care of this.  More discussion required. 
  • Need to arrange for servicing of HVAC systems.  Lara will follow-up with committee chairperson, Heather Viera.  
  • Approved request to purchase new trashcans for pool area.

 

The next meeting of the Avocet BOD was scheduled for Monday, June 12th, 2000, starting at 7:00PM at the Avocet Clubhouse.

The motion to adjourn this meeting was made by Andrew and seconded by Lara.  Meeting ended at 8:25PM.

 

Frank C. Boduch
Secretary/Treasurer
Avocet Homeowners Association

 
Back to Top
 
Direct any comments about this website to: webmaster@avocet-hoa.org
Copyright 1999-2021, Avocet Property Owners Association, Inc.
Last Modified: May 16, 2008