The monthly meeting of the Avocet Board of Directors
was called to order at 7:00PM on Monday, December 6, 1999, at the Avocet
Clubhouse, President Andrew Goodspeed presiding. Also in attendance were
Lara Foreman, Vice President, Frank Boduch, Secretary/Treasurer, and Holly
Freet representing the Information Committee.
Minutes of the 11/2/99 board meeting were read and
accepted on the motion of Andrew. Seconded by Lara.
- Competitive bids for necessary fence repairs are
- 10PM curfew violations several times may warrant
lock on timer controls.
- No recommendations or approvals were identified
to the BOD.
- Agreed to publish a digest version of the minutes
of BOD monthly meetings on the Avocet website.
Kids Club Committee
- Agreed to extend use of the clubhouse for
neighborhood childcare on days with inclement weather.
- Reminded of the 1/20/2000 COPS recognition
meeting. Submit materials used in Avocet's program to Barry Sharp.
- Need to strengthen management of COPS program.
Frank will handle.
- Laura Nuzzo has accepted the responsibility to
serve as the club house manager.
- Agreed to proceed with plans for a Super Bowl
- Committee is surveying community to solicit
comments and recommendations for changes to covenants.
No reports from the Pool, Finance, and Landscaping
- Approved an expenditure of $150 for wood chips
used on recent community workday.
- Reconstruction of the info board at the entrance
to clubhouse drive assigned to the Information Committee.
- Agreed to renew insurance policy for coverage in
the year 2000.
- Finance Committee long-term capital forecast work
needs to prepare for a February presentation to the BOD.
- Approved final expenditure for the Halloween
Party in the amount of $423.
- Reviewed quote to repair pool fence. Temporary
fix = $1035. Will have Pool Committee obtain competitive bids for full
replacement. BOD will consider options.
- Pool contract is in final review. Discussed
having platform for pool manager to observe swimmers. Discussed roping
off a section of the pool for adult use.
- Agreed to pay the full legal representation bill
by 2/15/2000 in order to avoid rate hike. Agreed to an expenditure not
to exceed $2000 for outfitting clubhouse with audio-visual equipment.
The next meeting of the BOD was scheduled for
Monday, January 3rd, 2000, starting at 7:00PM at the Avocet clubhouse.
Frank C. Boduch - Secretary/Treasurer